So the end of January is here (well, close enough) & it’s time to revisit my January Goals! I had set some original goals, that were then revised in the middle of the month (see here). So here they are:
1. Take time to myself. Status = check! I’ve spent most of my “me time” dedicated to scrapbooking, tending to my nails, reading magazines, or hanging out with friends. Next month I hope to really bust out the guitar more often!
2. Workouts. Status = check! I’ve been keeping up with my cardio, although I want to start a new weights routine. I’m thinking of starting P90X again. The program is tough & time-consuming, so I’ll probably modify it….this may be a goal I start soon.
3. Cooking. Status = check! I’ve cooked lots of things lately! From chicken pot pie and parmesan cod to peanut butter chocolate chip protein bars. I’m pretty happy in this domain.
I also set some short term goals just for the time while Chris was gone (2 weeks)
1. Scrapbook. Status = check! My goal was to get caught up at least through the end of October and that’s exactly where I’m at. It took 2 scrapbook “marathons” as well as several shorter sessions in the evenings after school, but I did it! Now I’m only 4 months behind – which is quite an accomplishment considering I was a year and a half behind to begin with!
2. Class Planning. Status = half-check. I had hoped to finish all my class planning through the first 2/3 of the semester…..well I finished through the first third, but did not complete the second third. That’s okay though. This has been EXTREMELY time-intensive and I did what I could. I think I realized when I really got into it that there was no way I’d get through with the whole thing. I’m happy with my progress, so that’s what counts.
3. Nutrition. Status = half-check. I wanted to start getting rid of the junk food in my life and only focus on whole and natural snacks, etc. I can’t say that I’ve stuck to this 100%, but I think I’ve shown a marked improvement so I’m making steps in the right direction. This will be something that I hope to continue working on in the months to come.
I’m already thinking of some February goals, but I’ll post that in a couple days. Right now I’m off to cook & clean! Chris should be here in about an hour (!!!) and he’s bringing his brother with him – I’m sure they’ve worked up quite the appetite on the 14 hour drive!!!