Humidity is not what you expect when you live in the dessert.
But with the monsoon season in full swing, it has been HOT and HUMID lately in Tucson! People always complain about how they hate humidity, but I’ve lived in Houston, Austin, Boca Raton and Tucson so I’ve experienced the whole range of humidity and I think a little differently than most people about it…
A Clouds’ Silver Lining…or The UPside to Humidity:
1. You feel like you’re always freshly showered because there’s a perma-glisten on your skin
2. Plants and foliage grow like crazy, making even the driest climates feel like a tropical oasis
3. The moisture in the air breaks up the light so the sun’s beams aren’t as potent on a run (of course you still need sunscreen, but it helps keep it from feeling like the sun is penetrating your flesh!)
4. You no longer need a hat to shade yourself from the sun every time you step outside (see #3)
5. You can actually run at pretty much any point throughout the day because the moisture in the air prevents it from ever getting tooo hot (this is all relative – it’s still up to 100 degrees F, but it never gets up to 115 or 120 anymore…it’ll rain before it gets that hot and then everything cools down).
So there you have it. I know lots of people are anti-humidity, but I think it can actually be really nice sometimes.
What’s your silver lining lately?