Okay, so you all probably know how much I love Bonne Maman Preserves & Jelly. If you haven’t noticed I’ve written about it here and here and even before I mentioned the brand by name you may have noticed it photographed here and here.
The truth is, I love the stuff! Bonne Maman’s products are 100% natural! No additives, no artificial flavors, glucose, HFCS, etc. In fact, I love their products so much that I contacted them to see if they’d be willing to help me host my first giveaway and they agreed!
So, in honor of some of the most delicious preserves and jellies that you will ever taste, I decided to do some Jam-thumbprint cookies!
I consulted my handy-dandy Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book
Here are the players:
I’ve got my regular flour, my whole wheat flour, sugar, butter, eggs, jam, nuts & vanilla (that’s real Mexican vanilla, too!)
First things first: make sure your butter is softened, but NOT melted!
I beat the butter for 30 seconds on medium speed. Added the sugar and beat until combined. Add egg yolks & vanilla and then the flour is last.
Then, cover the mixing bowl & refrigerate to firm the dough up a little. Once ready, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll dough in egg whites, then in crushed nuts & put on a greased cookie sheet.
Don’t forget to leave your
mark ->(that could be misinterpreted) thumb print
Throw them in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes, or until browned. Done!
Jam Thumbprint Cookies
2/3 cup butter, softened (I used 1/2 cup butter and about 1/4 cup apple sauce)
1/2 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
1 cup finely chopped walnuts (I used almonds because it’s all I had on hand)
1/2 cup of your favorite Bonne Maman preserve flavor!
1. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium high for 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
2. Grease a cookie sheet; set aside. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in egg whites, then in chopped nuts. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Press thumb into center of each ball. Bake at 374 for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Just before serving, fill centers with jam.
What’s that you say? You want your own Bonne Maman?
So one lucky reader will win not just 1, but 2 jars of Bonne Maman: 1 strawberry, and 1 grape. It’s easy to enter!
Bonne Maman Giveaway Contest Rules & Directions
1. Just leave me a comment stating which Bonne Maman flavor is your favorite. It doesn’t have to be just between strawberry & grape – they’ve got EIGHTEEN different flavors ranging from wild blueberry to fig to black currant & blackberry! Check them out here.
Just your comment, alone, will get you one entry.
2. Then, subscribe to my blog (in the upper right column you’ll see the “subscribe” link). That will get you a second entry. If you already follow, let me know & I’ll still give you a second entry.
Do you want extra credit?
3. If you have a favorite way that you like to eat jelly or preserves (e.g., cookies, homemade granola bars, or even just slathered on some toast or English muffins), link back to your blog where you have given the recipe. For this, you’ll get a third entry!
The winner will be selected randomly first thing on Saturday morning (let’s say 8am), so make sure to get your comments in by Friday night!