Today has been productive – always good! I almost forgot about a 6pm Skype conference meeting for work though (yikes!)
Fortunately, I was able to figure out the whole conference call thing, while simultaneously juggling dinner (chicken enchiladas) and DESSERT! : )
THIS is what I had mentioned yesterday……feast your eyes upon
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Bread/Muffins!!!!!
I made 2 loaves of bread as well as 12 muffins – I’m planning to take some to work to dump off : )
I cooked the loaves just a hair too long, but they’re still delicious ~ and the muffins are AMAZING!
I made up the recipe myself, stealing some of the “secret” ingredients from my step-dad’s famous chocolate chip cookies (he uses jumbo chocolate chips – I used chocolate chunks; and he uses some coconut to keep it moist)
Here’s the recipe:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Bread
2 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ cup wheat flour
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1 Tbs. ground nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1 ½ tsp. salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup apple sauce
2/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs
1 ½ cups chocolate chunks or Jumbo chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
½ cup coconut shreds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 9×5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, protein powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, canola oil, apple sauce, water, vanilla and eggs. Mix until smooth.
4. Slowly blend in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter between three loaf pans.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove loaves from oven and cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Go around the edges of bread to loosen loaves from pans. Remove from pans and cool completely before slicing.
Make these today & you will NOT be disappointed!
In other food news, here was dinner:
Nothing special, I just needed something easy! I had marinated chicken in italian dressing during the day. While I was throwing the bread batter all together I baked the chicken in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Once out, I enlisted hubs’ help with shredding it, then I threw it in corn tortillas with some mozzarella cheese. Put it all in the baking dish, poured 1/2 a can of enchilada sauce over the top (straight from the can) & sprinkled more cheese on top. Baked till brown and done! Served with a dollop of sour cream.
Totally meant to serve with beans, but must have forgot them at the store today : ( That’s okay though…we made up the protein with that bread (not really, but that’s what I’m going to tell myself, k?)
And this morning breakfast featured 1/2 a homemade wheat waffle (love the waffle iron wedding gift !) smeared with pumpkin and topped with a dollop of honey flavored greek yogurt.
Can’t wait for Turkey Day! *and the break from work*
For the rest of tonight I’m hanging out in my new pink fuzzy house shoes!!